Saturday 24 October 2015

Lymantrichneumon disparis,New species of wasp discovered in England

New species of wasp <em>Lymantrichneumon disparis.</em>A species of wasp that has never been recorded in the country has been discovered at a British nature reserve.
The parasitic wasp, Lymantrichneumon disparis, now known to be a genus and a new species to Britain, was found by a butterfly collector at the RSPB’s Broadwater Warren near Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
But is has taken two years for experts to confirm the 2013 discovery made by Tony Davis, of Butterfly Conservation, who was undertaking a moth monitoring programme when he came across the specimen.
He said: “I’d finished my work and was leaving the reserve but couldn’t resist one last sweep on my net and that’s when I found the wasp. I knew it was something special, but I could never have guessed it was an entirely new species to the -READ MORE-http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/oct/21/new-species-of-wasp-discovered-in-england

No comments:

Post a Comment