Sunday 1 June 2014

3D-printed skeletons for your mythology museum

Animal skulls, dinosaur skulls, biology specimens -- all of these are wonderful things, but they leave a serious gap in the skeletons-as-art market: unicorns. Also jackalopes, fairies, chupacabras, centaurs... well. You get the idea.
That's where artist and designer Brian Richardson comes in -- and to fill this gap, he has created his own collection of skeletons, called Mythic Articulations, taken straight from the pages of myth and legend.
"About a year ago I decided I wanted a bird skeleton, for no particular reason. Just something neat to have," he explained to CNET.
"I had just learned about 3D printing, so I learned 3D modeling over the next few months and printed one. After that I made a few other 'real' animal skulls and a few plants, and then decided out of the blue to make a Chupacabra Skeleton. I've always had an interest in cryptozoology, and mythology, so that's where the idea came from. I had opened my Shapeways READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment